About the OWASP Foundation
The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is a nonprofit foundation that works to improve the security of software. Our programming includes:
- Community-led open source software projects
- Over 275 local chapters worldwide
- Tens of thousands of members
- Industry-leading educational and training conferences
We are an open community dedicated to enabling organizations to conceive, develop, acquire, operate, and maintain applications that can be trusted. All of our projects, tools, documents, forums, and chapters are free and open to anyone interested in improving application security. The OWASP Foundation launched on December 1st, 2001, becoming incorporated as a United States non-profit charity on April 21, 2004.
Together we will improve the security of software.
Participation and Membership
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate in our Projects, Local Chapters, Events, Online Groups, and Community Slack Channel. We especially encourage diversity in all our initiatives. OWASP is a fantastic place to learn about application security, to network, and even to build your reputation as an expert. We also encourage you to be become a member or consider a donation to support our ongoing work.
- Open: Everything at OWASP is radically transparent from our finances to our code.
- Innovative: We encourage and support innovation and experiments for solutions to software security challenges.
- Global: Anyone around the world is encouraged to participate in the OWASP community.
- Integrity: Our community is respectful, supportive, truthful, and vendor neutral
Most questions you might have about the OWASP Foundation can be found by searching this website. If you need to contact us directly with a request we use a ticketing system which can be accessed here. Several other common contact points include:
Our global address for general correspondence and faxes can be sent to our physical office address, at:
OWASP Foundation 1200-C Agora Drive, #232 Bel Air, MD 21014 +1 951-692-7703 (phone) +1 443-283-4021 (fax) EIN #20-0963503
The European legal address is:
OWASP Europe VZW Leinstraat 104A B-9660 Opbrakel Belgium
The activities, programs, and events of the Foundation conform to a number of policies set forth in our Policies & Procedures and the Code of Conduct. Additionally we expect our Board Members, Leaders, Staff, and volunteers to model the upmost in integrity, honesty, and patience with supporting our extended communities.
All OWASP materials are available under an approved FLOSS License.