OWASP Belfast Sponsorship Opportunities
There are many ways you can help the OWASP Belfast Chapter spread the word about computer security and secure coding. Including the following:
- If you have a room available to hold a meeting, let us know.
- Companies can cover the OWASP membership costs of their employees.
- Supply a speaker on a topic of interest to the OWASP Belfast members, or cover their costs to present.
- Sponsor food and drink for a session.
- Further sponsorship can be provided directly to the OWASP Belfast Chapter itself, using the link above. Direct sponsorship allows the OWASP Belfast Board to use the funds as needed to run events.
In return for any sponsorship we can add your company to our list of sponsors on the OWASP Wiki and Meetup sites, and share communications with session attendees. Contact the OWASP Belfast Board (below) for more details.
OWASP Belfast Board
The OWASP Belfast Chapter Leaders are:
About OWASP Belfast
What is OWASP Belfast?
OWASP Belfast is just one of over 100 OWASP Chapters around the world, including 4 in Ireland and 12 in the UK, where people meet to learn about and discuss software security topics. The OWASP organization also has lots of active projects that volunteers can participate in to create code and documents for the worldwide security community. The OWASP Top 10 project is the most famous of those projects.
Who is OWASP Belfast for?
It’s for programmers, testers, students, project managers, development managers and security experts to collaborate and drive discussion on application security topics. Participation in the mailing lists and attendance at the OWASP Belfast sessions are free, in fact many of the events will provide food and drinks to attendees.
Why be part of OWASP Belfast?
- The community organizes sessions where experts from across the industry (and globe) give presentations and seminars about application security topics.
- Attendance and participation in the community increases knowledge and skills, allowing people to stand out from the crowd.
- Opportunity to network with other Software Professionals and keep in touch with job opportunities in the region.
OWASP Belfast Chapter October Session - Wednesday, October 10, 2018
6:30pm @ Queens Bernard Crossland Building (https://www.google.com/maps/search/?api=1\&query=54.568462%2C-5.948391)
Encryption and Digital Certificates – A Guide for Software Developers
OWASP Belfast are delighted to announce their October session on Wednesday 10th in the Queens Computer Science building. This session will be a great talk by David Cochrane on encryption and digitial certificates, and will include the usual pizza and drinks.
Talk: Encryption and Digital Certificates – A Guide for Software Developers
Abstract: This presentation is a tutorial covering the basics of these important technologies but rapidly moving into practical use cases and some more in-depth information to assist troubleshooting. It also includes a case study entitled “Building your own Certifying Authority” that highlights some practical techniques for secure development.
Speaker Bio: David Cochrane has responsibility for IT security and risk across the Viridian Group of companies. Viridian Group is an energy utility that owns Power NI and Energia, with over half a million customers throughout Ireland, two power stations and a large portfolio of wind farms. In addition to IT security management, David’s experience includes software design and development, infrastructure design, project management, technical architecture and a range of management roles.
Thanks to Viridian Group for providing the pizzas and drinks for the event, and to Queens University for providing the venue.
Sign-up for the OWASP Belfast mailing list for more information about this session, and other security related topics, at http://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-Belfast
Put whatever you like here: news, screenshots, features, supporters, or remove this file and don’t use tabs at all.