Staff Projects are work products primarily done by staff that require either 40+hrs of staff time or have a financial obligation of more than $10,000. Active Staff Projects have written plans that include measurable goals, milestones, and should be linked below. Prioritized Staff Projects are in the formation stages and are listed in rank importance. Unprioritized Staff Projects are items that lack a plan and are in a “bucket list” until they get prioritized with a project plan. *Note this project list is not the exhaustive list of staff daily work product. These are the key projects above everyday work that is purposefully planned to deliver on the Foundation Goals. Generally the process we will use to implement our plans are:
Concept » Document » Socialize » Iterate » [Approval if needed] » Plan » Implement » Report » Revisit
- 2019Q4 Marketing
- AppSec California 2020, January 21-24, 2020
- BlackHat Asia 2020, March 31 - April 3, 2020
- BlackHat Las Vegas, August 1-6, 2020
- Consolidate Web Infrastructure
- DEFCON 28, August 6-9, 2020
- Donation Form
- Email Clean-Up
- Events Form
- Global AppSec - Dublin 2020, June 15-19, 2020
- Global AppSec - San Francisco, October 19-23, 2020
- LASCON 2020, October 27-30, 2020
- Mailchimp as CRM
- Membership Form
- OWASP SnowFROC, March 5, 2020
- OWASP Staff Holidays
- Project Template
- Projects Summit - Summer, July 30- August 2, 2020
- Projects Summit - Winter 2020, February 27-29, 2020
- Website Re-launch
- SalesForce New Instance > Migration
- Invoice Workflow (SalesForce & JIRA)
- SalesForce Sales Pipeline
- Backup plan for Meetup
- Retool Invoice process to support CC payments
- Bi-Annual Signatory/Password Audit Jan/June
- Submittable download stylesheet for owasp.org website
Recently Completed Projects
- Create and share best practices and tools for InfoSec community
- Increase connectedness and engagement within the community.
- Position the Foundation for growth.
- Professionalize administrative and operational tasks and practices.
- Redesign financial model and membership benefits.
Foundation Goals for 2020
- Promote updated version of OWASP Top 10 set to release in october 2020.
- Continue to optimize business operations to overachieve financial and membership targets.
- Manage two successful global conferences planning three in 2021.
- Launch Project Summits and AppSec Days to over 500 attendees
- Increase relevance and reputation of OWASP measured by 10% increase in web traffic.
- Improve satisfaction with OWASP by survey measured a 10% increase.
- Increase corporate and individual membership by 25%
Vision: Global and open resource for software security